The Looky-Loos

Dream Song

Monday, December 15, 2008

 

Tomorrow is my last day of training my replacement. YAY. She's going to say she feels comfortable so I can get to bumping someone else to get my own job. :)

Not much news, still addicted to Party Poker. Still posting formatted blogs ... Same ol Same ol my friends.

Oh ... I just thought of something. At the beginning of every year I start this fresh. I don't know how many of you have ever noticed random shoes on the side (or sometimes in the middle) of the road. This last year my count got up to 243. In January I'll restart the count.

I'm sure you're wondering ... shoes? On the side of the road? What is this crazy girl talking about?

I first noticed it a few years ago. There was a lovely (and singularly lonely looking) black pump in the middle of the road. I wondered to myself, how does one lose a pump while driving down the road? I'm sure it would have been a brilliant story, however, I just counted that as my first 'Road Shoe' and thus the tradition was born.

I love odd things like that.



ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ


He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards.
Terry Pratchett



ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ


The holiday season happens to overlap with cold and flu season (and not just the bottle flu). When you get sick, do you go to work or school anyway, or do you stay home to avoid spreading your germs?



ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Atypical (adj.)
PRONUNCIATION: (a∙typ∙I∙cal)
MEANING: Not conforming to type; unusual or irregular. Deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange.
ETYMOLOGY: from a- (2) "not" + typical (q.v.). from L.L. typicus "of or pertaining to a type




ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ


J.D. Robb: Salvation in Death

In the year 2060, cutting-edge investigative tools can help catch a killer. But there are some questions even the most advanced technologies cannot answer ...

At the most solemn moment of a Catholic funeral mass, the priest brings the chalice to his lips. Seconds later, he is dead on the altar.

For the mourners packed into the pews, Father Miquel Flores's sudden demise is an unimaginable shock. When Detective Lieutenant Eve Dallas confirms that the consecrated wine contained enough potassium cyanide to kill a rhino, she's prepared to plunge in and find out why, despite her discomfort with her surroundings. It's not the bodegas and the pawnshops of East Harlem that bother her, though the neighborhood is a long way from the stone mansion she shares with her billionaire husband, Roarke. It's all that holiness flying around at St. Cristobal's that makes her unearsy.

A search of the victim's simple, sparsely furnished room reveals few personal touches, except for a carefully hidden religious medal with a mysterious inscription, and a couple of underlined bible passages. The autopsy reveals much more: faint scars of knife wounds, a removed tattoo -- and evidence of plastic surgery suggesting "Father Fores" may not have been the man his parishioners thought. Now, as Eve pieces together clues that suggest identity theft, gang connections, and a deeply personal act of revenge, she hopes to track down whoever committed this unholy act. Until a second murder -- in front of an even larger crowd of worshippers -- knocks the whole investigation sideways.

The way Eve sees it, vengeance may be the Lord's business, but if there's going to be any earthly justice in this case, it's up to her.




ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ


Tonight is: The Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, 2.5 Men, Heroes, and My Own Worst Enemy



ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ


Dream Song (Ojibwa)

It is I who travel in the winds,
It is I who whisper in the breeze,
I shake the trees,
I shake the earth,
I trouble the waters on every land.




ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ


White Beans, Sausage & Arugula

Ingredients:
12 oz spaghettini
12 oz hot or sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing
1 medium onion, quartered, thinly sliced
1 can (14 oz) roasted garlic–flavored chicken broth
1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed
1 bag (4 oz) baby arugula or 1 bag (5 oz) baby spinach

Directions:
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as package directs. Drain; return to pot.

2. Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion and, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon, sauté 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes to blend flavors.

3. Pour over pasta, add arugula and toss to mix and coat.

Serve with grated Parmesan cheese




Brightest Blessings,

~S~


2 Things people say ...:

Anonymous said...

Hey are your comments fixed!!

Anonymous said...

They sure ARE fixed!!!