The Looky-Loos

ஜ~§Meet Me in the Green Glen§~ஜ

Friday, December 5, 2008

 

I had a pretty decent weekend. Didn’t really do too much, I did however catch up on some sleep, and some TV. In addition to that, my boyfriend and I had the opportunity to video-conference for several hours yesterday. YAY. It’s unlikely he and I will be able to get together until after the holidays. Probably because we were able to spend so much time together yesterday … I had some crazy awesome dreams about him.


ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ

One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.Alvin Toffler

ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ

What gifts, big or small, are you hoping to find under the tree this year?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ

Myriad
PRONUNCIATION: [myr·i·ad] adj.
MEANING: Constituting a very large, indefinite number; innumerable
ETYMOLOGY: Greek murias, muriad-, ten thousand, from murios, countless.
USAGE: "The myriad snowflakes in the winter."


ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ

I’ll be finishing The Pagan Stone.

ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ

Tonight is: Ghost Whisperer, Sanctuary, Numb3rs and The Starter Wife.

ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ

Meet Me in the Green Glen
LOVE, meet me in the green glen,
Beside the tall elm-tree,
Where the sweetbriar smells so sweet agen;
There come with me.
Meet me in the green glen.
Meet me at the sunset
Down in the green glen,
Where we've often met
By hawthorn-tree and foxes' den,
Meet me in the green glen.
Meet me in the green glen,
By sweetbriar bushes there;
Meet me by your own sen,
Where the wild thyme blossoms fair.
Meet me in the green glen.
Meet me by the sweetbriar,
By the mole-hill swelling there;
When the west glows like a fire
God's crimson bed is there.
Meet me in the green glen.
John Clare


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ

Campanelle Pasta with Parsley Butter

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (packed) coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon peel
1/2 clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 pound campanelle (trumpet-shaped pasta), fiori, or fusilli pasta

Cooking Directions:
1. For parsley butter: Finely chop parsley, lemon peel, and garlic in processor. Add butter and process until well blended. Season parsley butter to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)

2. For pasta: Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Transfer pasta to large serving bowl. Add parsley butter (about 1/3 cup) to pasta; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


Brightest Blessings,
~S~



0 Things people say ...: