The Looky-Loos

Madness

Saturday, January 24, 2009

 

Well I guess Jon and I are over. Finished. I suppose I'll be weepy for a bit. (weepy ... screw that, I'm going to be PISSED OFF. He'll realize that I WAS the best thing going for him, and he'll NOW have to settle for SECOND best!)

In light of all this I got an award.



1. I'm MAD as a hatter
2. I don't mind that.
3. I've been arrested twice, let me know if you want to know what for.
4. Both times I was a lady and treated as such.
5. I don't want kids
6. I was nearly talked into wanting them.
7. I'm relieved
8. I would say that I love Mexican food, but I don't ... I love cheese and onion enchiladas and rice. (with sour cream, I'm an American, I love cheese! ... what can I say?)
9. I had the mamwich commercial song stuck in my head for nearly a year.
10. I'm really ANGRY right now!!
11. Extra credit: I'm thirsty, I love ICED TEA (no sugar, no lemon, thank you very much!)
12. Extra credit II: I thought I was hearing missiles, I realize it's just a really strong screwdriver from the guys rebuilding a roof, that was perfectly fine, and they have been doing thus for the last six months (no wonder I'm a bit paranoid, eh?).



ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ


When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Mark Twain


ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ


What is the one question you've always wanted someone to ask you?


ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Supercilious [su·per·cil·i·ous] adj. 1. Full of contempt and arrogance. 2. Behaving as if or showing that a person thinks they are better than other people, and that their opinions, beliefs or ideas are not important, condescending: "He spoke in a haughty, supercilious voice."


ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ


Nora Roberts, Sacred Sins and Skousen, The 5,000 Year Leap


ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ


Tonight is: Legend of the Seeker, I won't say more about it, as I continually get corrected for my ignorance. :)


ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ


I promised you all one of my own ...

Madness

Madness screams in hearts
disguised as love
tearing, turning, pulling
and scraping
trying to shove

Madness rages in minds
full of hate
twisting, meandering, rummaging
and plundering
through sanity's gate

Madness floats
on top of air
a careless whisper
in one's ear

Madness lives in people like me
in my heart, mind
in the air I breathe, the loves I leave,

In the life I lead

SweetPeaSurry



ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ


I'm not really hungry today. I'd like a good grilled cheese sammie and some tomato soup. (and no ... damnit JC not the freaking BISQUE kind, that wasn't even invented when I was growing up!!!)


Brightest Blessings,
~S~


15 Things people say ...:

Lacey said...

I'm sorry to hear that your relationship turned sour. On the flip side, at least you're pissed off about it, which is just as it should be. He's obviously not worthy.

I WOULD like to know what you were arrested for!

I really enjoyed today's post the best of them all, because it all had to do with madness, haha. The Mark Twain quote is totally a keeper. And I LOVE your poem!

SweetPeaSurry said...

Aww Lacey, you're a keeper, I do dig ya! In a totally 70's way ... WOOT.

I'm madness reincarnated!

Juliet Colors said...

Aw, SweetPea... I'm sure he will be sorry when he realizes what he has lost. And of course although I don't have the whole story I'm passing judgement that you have every reason to be pissed. Seriously, he couldn't even answer your calls about a long-distance trip?!?

I too would love to hear the story of the arrests.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Juliet ... I'll put the arrests on my blog agenda ... two requests? How can i RESIST?

High Desert Diva said...

Ya don't want someone who won't even return your calls. Bye-Bye Jon!

Anonymous said...

Well, better gone than waste years with him and then leave.
I think you're gonna find the RIGHT one and be insanely happy!
Keep Looking...
~KimSue Cheeks~ :)

Hedgie said...

Does that you, then, that you're free to be swept off your feet by, oh, let's say, someone who could titillate your currently moribund appetite with Filet au Pauvre in Brandy and Portabella Sauce with Little Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and a Mixed Green Salad with Mandarin Orange Slices and Mango in a Raspberry-Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing, followed by Burgundy-Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce, all topped off with Sex on the Pool Table and, lastly, Guatemalan coffee?

Just wondering.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Look at that, hedgie is totally vying for position number one in the POLE POSITION of my life.

I love that.

I'll race ya to the finish with the wonderfully romantic dinner as the prize!!!

Hedgie said...

Just for clarification:

Who gets what if who crosses the finish line first?

SweetPeaSurry said...

MAYBE you should email me for THAT kind of clarification!!! :)

Irish Gumbo said...

Soory to hear about the breakup, my dear.

BUT you did get an award!

And I thought Madness was just 'ONE STEP BEEYOONNNNNDDD...' (cue ska saxaphones)

SUSAN SONNEN said...

I love the poem!

Frankly, I'm glad that the two of you are finished. (Not that I know either of you or anything.) If he is that inattentive of you now, it would only get MUCH worse. Believe me. I know from experience.

Be proud of yourself! I am. :)

Sassy Britches said...

I'm with everyone else. If he can't even be bothered to answer the phone, you should not be bothered with him.

And I love how, even when you're pissed, the little signature says "brightest blessings!"

Hedgie said...

"MAYBE you should email me for THAT kind of clarification!!! :)"

As long as you promise to be gentle.

pam said...

I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but it is totally his loss. He will look back on this with regret.