The Looky-Loos

A Night Thought

Thursday, January 22, 2009

 

So last night was the first LOST episode of 2009. It was phenomenal!!! Totally awesome. Of course the first hour was a whole bunch of recaps, which is nice, as I wasn't able to re-record the last season when it played on SciFi network (due to recording conflicts). I can't wait to see where the show takes us ... we've had flashback, flashforwards, and now we're having flash-arounds (I suppose).

My days off were restorative if not productive. I'm pretty sure I've kicked this cold.

I'm getting ready to get my tickets for St Louis to go see my guy, I'm pretty nervous about this. I'm actually waiting to get in touch with him to get a bit of confirmation before I dole out the money for the tickets. I want to make sure that it's all kosher and whatnot.


ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ


Comedy has to be based on truth. You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end.
Sid Caesar

ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ


What is your first reaction when someone says "I need to talk to you"?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Systemic [sys·tem·ic] adj. A systemic problem or change is a basic one, experienced by the whole of an organization or a country and not just particular parts of it: "The recession was the result of a systemic change within the structure of the country's economy."

ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ


Nora Roberts, Sacred Sins and Skousen, The 5,000 Year Leap

ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ


Tonight is: Ugly Betty, Smallville (which is getting really good with the introduction of the Justice Legion), Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Burn Notice, Private Practice, and ER. (I think Burn Notice is starting tonight, I might be wrong)

ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ


A Night Thought

Lo! where the Moon along the sky
Sails with her happy destiny;
Oft is she hid from mortal eye
Or dimly seen,
But when the clouds asunder fly
How bright her mien!

Far different we--a froward race,
Thousands though rich in Fortune's grace
With cherished sullenness of pace
Their way pursue,
Ingrates who wear a smileless face
The whole year through.

If kindred humours e'er would make
My spirit droop for drooping's sake,
From Fancy following in thy wake,
Bright ship of heaven!
A counter impulse let me take
And be forgiven.

William Wordsworth


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ


Chicken Parmesan Sub



Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 (6 ounce) bags baby spinach
1 cup marinara sauce, preferably low-sodium (see Tip)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
4 soft whole-wheat sandwich rolls, toasted

Preparation:
Position oven rack in top position; preheat broiler.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Place chicken between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a heavy saucepan until the chicken is an even 1/4-inch thickness. Dip the chicken in the flour mixture and turn to coat.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add half the chicken and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and chicken; transfer to the baking sheet.
Top each piece of chicken with the wilted spinach, marinara sauce and Parmesan. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve on rolls.
Yield: 4 servings


Brightest Blessings,
~S~



2 Things people say ...:

Sassy Britches said...

Lovin' LOST! But, I'm starting to be really sad about where Sayid is going with his character...he looks BEYOND mentally/emotionally troubled to the point of slitting his wrists. Not liking this.

The sub looks fanTAStic! Yummmmmm.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Oh ... I know Sassy, I think he went mental after his girl died though.

I was thinking he was trying to get to everyone before Ben did, to keep them from going to the island.

We know they're all going though :)