The Looky-Loos

Sunshine

Sunday, January 11, 2009

 

Today I'm off to beautiful Denver Colorado. I think I'm going to see if I can borrow my parents camera. I really need to get one for myself though. I think that might be my next big purchase. I would like to try my hand at something more artistic than ... well ... the nothing that I do right now.

Oh ... and this week, I'll be posting my own personal poetry. Which I'll heartily admit is pretty bad.

Right now I'm pretty pleased that I got everything on my list done. Usually there are at least a few things that I forget. I really am travelling pretty light. (for me anyway)

Okay ... enough rambling. Let's get the show on the road.

ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ


Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin


ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ

The eternal breakfast dilemma: Sweet or savory?

I'm a savory breakfast girl. I do like my eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns.



ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Span-new

PRONUNCIATION:
(span-noo, -nyoo)

MEANING:
adjective: Brand-new.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Middle English spannewe, from Old Norse spannyr, from spann (chip of wood) + nyr (new). Ultimately from the Indo-European root newo- (new) that also gave us new, neo-, neon, novice, novel, novelty, innovate, and renovate.
The same term appears in the phrase spick-and-span-new which was later shortened into spick-and-span. A spick is a spike; a spick-and-span-new ship referred to a brand new ship, one that is made up of new nails and new wood.

USAGE:
"Nita Patton: 'I had fun last time and I'd have fun again, especially as Columbus now boasts a bran, span-new hotel."



ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ


Janet Evanovich, Plum Lucky and W. Cleon Skousen, 5000 Year Leap.

ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ

Tonight is: Nothin' on tonight, I'll probably be too tired from travel to watch much tv anyway.


ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ

Sunshine

Sleepless nights
Dreams of day
Sunlight golden
On my face.

Pale clouds floating
On a clear blue sky
The lake stands still
And birds fly by.

Eyes wide open
I'm in my room
Daydreaming at the window
Looking out at Winter's gloom.

Me


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ


Halibut w/ Herbs and Capers

Ingredients:

1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
2 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 (4 ounce) halibut fillets

Preparation:

1. Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms. Pat halibut with the herb paste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings



Brightest Blessings,
~S~




6 Things people say ...:

Anonymous said...

This blog is cool...Excellent work!

Cheers,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

Vodka Mom said...

i am cracking myself up. I totally commented on your older post this morning, and forgot your comments are at the TOP!!!

I tend to screw up a lot.

Vodka Mom said...

and I loved George Carlin. May he rest in peace.

Irish Gumbo said...

Savory...yeah, that's the way to go. Except maybe for chocolate chip pancakes. Yum.

Great word!

Celeste Heldstab said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!! Enjoy the Denver area. I wish I could go with you! You must share details when you return!

Jenni said...

Check it out, you've got an award over here: http://nennisworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/second-slice-of-pie.html