The Looky-Loos

The Moon is Still

Friday, February 6, 2009

 

Okay ... so I've told ya'll about my mum going crazy over the holidays with the whole "Surry-ella" situation. So ... No biggie on that, I'm over it. However, on Wednesday I asked her if I could borrow 40 bucks. She gave it to me ... but not without a pithy comment about how she shouldn't have told me about her gambling winnings. (WTF?) I would have borrowed 40 bucks anyway!!! DUH!!!

So anyway ... I had forgotten that I have 'emergency' money stashed away in my bookshelf. So I found 100 bucks when I got home last night. YAY!!! (Note to self, change book in which you hide emergency money, since you blabbed it in blog yesterday!) I didn't even think about it before I borrowed money from my mother. I hadn't needed to tap into my emergency fund for several months, so POOF ... out of need out of mind. Keep in mind ... I'm HORRIBLE with money and everyone in my family knows it. So ... I'm paying my mother back tomorrow or the next day, or payday. (I'm drinking wine tonight so probably Saturday, I'll need to sleep in tomorrow.)

I was just bothered a bit by the whole situation because A. I always pay my parents back when I borrow money this way. (granted I owe them several thousands for 'larger' borrowed amounts but ... when I win the lottery they'll get it.) And B. my christmas presents ... never came ... so technically ... NO CHRISTMAS for me!!! I figure it was a situation that wouldn't have been rife with pithy comments. *sighs*

Well ... I feel better for getting that out. I love my mother, she's a beautiful, vivacious and fun-loving woman. Sometimes I just don't get her. In her defense, she was in a bad mood the other day. I don't blame her for being short. It was just a wee bit of a shock to me.

Man ... look what ya'll are doing to me, I'm opening up all over the place, spilling out the goop that is my life. Gods I love my life. It's crazy, heartbreaking, funny, and sometimes just plain ol bizarre. (Note: Houdini bizarro, he he he)

(If anyone in my family is reading this ... just keep ya big mouths shut, it's a rant ... not a complete and utter bash on mom blog)

Moving on to the rest of the schtuff!!!



ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ


If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in government to the utmost.
Aristotle

ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ


If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Irascible

PRONUNCIATION:
(i-RAS-uh-buhl)

MEANING:
adjective:
1. Quick-tempered.
2. Showing anger or resulting from anger.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin irascibilis (quick to anger), from irasci (to grow angry), from ira (anger). Ultimately from the Indo-European root eis- (passion), which is also the source of irate, ire, hierarchy, hieroglyphic, and estrogen.

USAGE:
"Mr. Weir concludes from his large experience that the erection of the feathers is caused much more by anger than by fear. He gives as an instance a hybrid goldfinch of a most irascible disposition, which when approached too closely by a servant, instantly assumes the appearance of a ball of ruffled feathers."


ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ


A Man Without A Country, Kurt Vonnegut ( he he he ... the money man!!!)

ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ


Tonight is: Ghost Whisperer, Numbers, Psych and BSG ... YAY!!!

ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ


The Moon Is Still


The still moon was light enough for centuries,
Work rid the Earth of slumber, music and abilities.
I found in the midst of all tragedy in the world
A great sight of poverty, full in curiosity that unfurled
The carpet most pure for the lame and rich,
Egotistical behaviour missed the ditch.
I say on a month too merry why the sun was hot
In that day and night to celebrate a jackpot.
The luck ran a hundred miles on my legs,
Without breakfast, with energy and eggs.
The moon was our very satellite to read
Like a book, or a puzzle to solve indeed.
For years I have written these words, and on and on,
Fierce worship causes us to forsake the dawn.

Naveed Akram


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ


Fettuccine w/ Creamy Tomato Italian Sausage Sauce



Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 shallots, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
1/2 pound spicy or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup whipping cream
2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
1 Tbsp dried sage
3/4 pound fettuccine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:
1 Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add sausages and sauté until no longer pink, breaking up the sausages a bit, about 5 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices. Add sage. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.

2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.

3 Return pasta to same pot; add sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Serves 6.


Brightest Blessings,
~S~


1 Things people say ...:

Lacey said...

I'm liking the "spilling of life goop," haha. Glad you hear you found some extra money layin' around! (Note to self: Check bookshelves for cash pronto!)