I don't have any new news about myself. My gramma's doing well. I spoke with her yesterday and she sounded downright chipper. Good sign all around. Gotta love the old girl!
I'm eagerly anticipating the 6th of April as that's when I'll be going back to my favored 3pm-11pm shift. My blog postings will be a bit less erratic then. WHEW!
Here's the funny of the day: YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 4.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12 You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list
If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
Frank Lloyd Wright
If you were sent to prison for an undefined amount of time, what would you miss most?
adjective: Having two heads.
From Greek dikephalos (two-headed), from di- (two) + kephale head. Ultimately from the Indo-European root ghebh-el- (head) that is also the root of the word gable.
A synonym of today's word, bicephalous, also has all distinct letters.
"A woman pregnant with Siamese twins with two heads and one body has spoken of her decision to keep them. Miss Chamberlain and Mr Pedace, 32, a Roman Catholic, hope their babies will follow the example of 18-year-old American dicephalous twins Abigail and Brittany Hensel, who share a body but lead a full life."
High Noon, and blogs. I'm indunated with new blog posts every day. It's lovely!
Tonight is: Monday, TBBT, HIMYM, 2.5 Men, Rules of Engagement, Heroes and Castle. (I am LOVING Castle btw and I think it's a keeper! Nathan Fillion is YUMMY) Tuesday, Better off Ted, Cupid, Reaper and NCIS.
I take my wine jug out among the flowers
to drink alone, without friends.
I raise my cup to entice the moon.
That, and my shadow, makes us three.
But the moon doesn't drink,
and my shadow silently follows.
I will travel with moon and shadow,
happy to the end of spring.
When I sing, the moon dances.
When I dance, my shadow dances, too.
We share life's joys when sober.
Drunk, each goes a separate way.
Constant friends, although we wander,
we'll meet again in the Milky Way.
2 catfish fillets (3oz each)
8 small shrimp, cooked & peeled, cut into small pieces
¼ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1 slices of wheat bread, fresh or stale and cut into small pieces
¼ cup parsley, chopped
¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper each catfish fillet and place on the cookie sheet, set aside.
- Combine bread, parsley, mushrooms, onion, and green onion in a food processor. Pulse until the stuffing mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Heat a lightly greased pan over medium-high heat and add stuffing mixture. Cook for 4 min, then set stuffing aside.
- Spread the stuffing mixture & shrimp over each catfish fillet evenly. Roll each fillet from end-to-end, enclosing the stuffing in the catfish. Secure each catfish roll with toothpicks and place on pan seam-side down. Bake for 15 min.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and sprinkle them with the Swiss cheese and paprika. Bake for 5 more min, cheese should be melted and catfish done-through.
Serving Size- 1 Stuffed Catfish Roll
Total Fat 9.7 g
Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
Protein 29.0 g