The Looky-Loos

Confined Love

Saturday, May 16, 2009

 

I don't have much to talk about today. So I thought I'd use my question of the day to get a bit of a ball rolling.

I actually don't recall who my first blog friend was as I've blogged in several different venues. I started out in TV.com as I've mentioned a few times. I've also blogged in LiveJournal and MySpace. Altogether I have something like 6oo blogposts. The question that arises from that knowledge is ... how in the hell did I have enough to talk about for 600+ blogposts? My life is seriously (mostly) dead dull boring. I get up, get ready, go to work, go home, watch some tv, and go to bed. This is the first time in 3 years really that I've done any plantings of any kind, so no blogfodder there. What the hell have I been rambling about?

During the election I expressed my displeasure at one of the candidates for being a fascist and ready to turn the USA into a communist-republic. (which is effectively happening as we speak) And I know I speak alot about books I've read or television shows I enjoy. I KNOW I've mentioned a couple of online romances. (Which I prefer because I'm lazy and really ... somedays I just don't feel like combing my hair or getting out of my pajamas. he he he)

(PS. there's been some progress on one of those OL rels recently. If anyone's interested in more info on it you're welcome to post a comment and I'll email you about it, I won't bore everyone about it here.)

In addition, I do talk about my family alot. Okay ... well I guess that is a plethora of topics. That's groove ... I can dig that.

Now it's all coming together and the panic attack that I have mush for brains can subside. I think I'm ready for my own radio show. HUA!!!

Let's see if I can find a funny ...

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing.He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.
Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.
Live simply and appreciate what you have.
Give more.
Expect less

NOW ..........

Enough of that crap . . The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover your ass, it always comes back to bite you..

Hee Haw!

ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ

Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.
Thomas Szasz


ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ

Who was your first friend on Blogger? Are they still on your Friends list?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ

Perendinate

PRONUNCIATION:
(puh-REN-di-nayt)

MEANING:
verb tr. : To put off until the day after tomorrow.
verb intr.: To stay at a college for an extended time.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin perendinare (to defer until the day after tomorrow), from perendie (on the day after tomorrow), from dies (day).

USAGE:
"In Peterhouse the Master and Fellows might not allow a stranger to perendinate for more than a fortnight unless they were certified of his moral character and of his ability and willingness to do the College some notable service."


ஜ~§What I'm Reading§~ஜ

The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand and a bit more Harry Potter, I've moved onto The Chamber of Secrets.

ஜ~§What I'm Watching§~ஜ

Tonight is: Legend of the Seeker (Which I definately plan to get on DVD when it's out) and Primeval (season 2 premier on BBCA). I'm really excited for the new season of Primeval. I'm easily amused when it comes to TV though.

Last night was the season finale of Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. GW was really good with the threat against Mel's babe and whatnot and it introduced a larger story arc for next season. I didn't get to see Numb3rs because my DVR made an executive decision not to record it, apparently it isn't as gung-ho on the show as I am.

I also watched the season finale of Hell's Kitchen last night. It was awesome and the guy I wanted to win did!!! WOOT. I may have to take a trip out to Atlantic City just to visit the restaurant he's going to be head chef of! he he he!


ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ

Confined Love

Some man unworthy to be possessor
Of old or new love, himself being false or weak,
Thought his pain and shame would be lesser
If on womankind he might his anger wreak,
And thence a law did grow,
One might but one man know;
But are other creatures so?

Are Sun, Moon, or Stars by law forbidden
To smile where they list, or lend away their light?
Are birds divorced, or are they chidden
If they leave their mate, or lie abroad a-night?
Beasts do no jointures lose
Though they new lovers choose,
But we are made worse than those.

Who e'er rigged fair ship to lie in harbours
And not to seek new lands, or not to deal withal?
Or built fair houses, set trees, and arbors,
Only to lock up, or else to let them fall?
Good is not good unless
A thousand it possess,
But dost waste with greediness.

John Donne


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ

Rosemary Trout w/ Cherry-Tomato Sauce

(For the fishermen in our lives)





Ingredients:
1 pint cherry tomatoes (preferably assorted colors), halved
1 large shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary plus 8 large sprigs
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Coarse kosher salt
4 10- to 12-ounce whole trout, gutted, boned, heads removed, if desired

Preparation:
Mix tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, and chopped rosemary in bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Season sauce with salt and pepper.

Open trout like book on work surface. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Place 2 rosemary sprigs on each; fold over to close.

Divide 3 tablespoons oil between 2 large nonstick skillets. Place over medium-high heat. Add 2 trout to each skillet. Cook trout until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Spoon sauce alongside.

Enjoy all ye fishermen!

Brightest Blessings,
~Surry~


1 Things people say ...:

Charmaine said...

You're a little bit brilliant little lady.

You have a fan. I'm gonna post a link to you on my blog.

I mean, if I don't already have one. I'm old and batty.