The Looky-Loos

Special Guest Star: Salmon!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

 

Allo ladies and gents!!! Thanks so much for your feedback on yesterday's post about my chosen spiritual path. I'll likely be doing a few posts throughout the year on different 'holidays' that I have celebration rituals for as well.

I know I told ya'll I'd keep you posted on my 6WBMO but to tell you the truth ... it's been hard to stick to it since my schedule changes so often, so right now I'm doing the best I can and will really hit it when I'm done doing these oddly timed Safety classes. Then I'll be updating! WHEEDOODLE!

Last night I watched The Closer; I think it was one of my most favorite eppies and Mary McDonnell guest starred! Raising the Bar was also on and it was pretty humorous. A funny quote: "Undressing in front of a gay judge is a pretty bold move". Finally, I caught up on In Plain Sight, which is a seriously awesome show with really terrific characters. Tonight I'm looking foward to Mental and Better Off Ted. I also need to see if I can find a re-run of the first Merlin episode, as I missed it ... THE HORROR!!!!

Let's see if I have a funny or two before we move along.

Politician Reincarnation
Q: Why are politicians proof of reincarnation?

A: You just can't get that screwed up in one lifetime.

And:
Professional Practical Jokes on the Groom
A dentist, an electrician, and a carpenter decide to play a practical joke their best friend on his wedding night.
"I'll loosen some joints on his bed so it collapses when he's making love," says the carpenter.
"I'll hot wire his mattress so they'll feel immense heat while making love," says the electrician. "Those are good ideas," says the dentist. "But my contribution's going to be a real surprise."
The next day the new husband comes to the diner to meet his friends. He says "I congratulate you guys for making the bed heat up and collapse, but I'm gonna kill whichever one of you put novocaine in the massage oil!"

ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
~Poul Anderson


ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ

Brachiate

PRONUNCIATION:
(verb: BRAY-kee-ayt, BRAK-ee-ayt, adjective: BRAY-kee-it, BRAK-ee-it)

MEANING:
verb intr.: To move by swinging from one hold to another by using arms.
adjective: Having arms.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin brachiatus (having arms), from brachium (arm), from Greek brakhion (upper arm). Ultimately from the Indo-European root mregh-u- (short) that is also the source of brief, abbreviate, abridge, brassiere, and brumal.

USAGE:
"Thick-furred, with a red face, the monkey moves by sprawling out and brachiating from branch to branch through the high forest canopy."


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ

Salmon Macaroni Salad



Ingredients:

1/2 pound (about 2 cups) macaroni pasta
Salt
2 (7-ounce) cans salmon
1/2 cup mayonnaise (plus more to taste or for added smoothness)
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped shallots, red onions, or green onions (with onion greens)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill)
2 stalks celery, chopped
Tabasco to taste (we used about 10 drops)
Freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
1 Bring a pot of water (2 quarts) to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Add the dry macaroni pasta and cook, uncovered, in a rolling boil for about 10 minutes, or until the macaroni is al dente (slightly firm). Remove from heat, drain, rinse briefly in cold water (macaroni should be still warm after rinsing) and drain again.

2 In a large bowl mix the salmon, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix in the shallots, parsley, dill, and celery.

3 Mix in the cooked macaroni while it is still warm. Add Tabasco and freshly ground pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings.

Chill before serving. Serves 4.

Brightest Blessings,
~Surry~

1 Things people say ...:

KMcJoseph said...

I like the ignorance is bliss comment.