The Looky-Loos

Many Many Thank Yoos!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

 

Hiya folks. I know my last few posts were a bit sketchy but I'm back in full post mode today!!! Right on! Then of course ... onto the 252 blog posts I've missed over my weekend.

I'm going to start off rather quickly about a HUMONGOUS pet peeve of mine. (I have many many many of them, I'm generally always peeved about something or other! HAH)

A wee bit of background. I had a class overnight on Wednesday, so I basically slept all day on Thursday (which is technically my Sattaday). One day off down, one to go.

On Friday I stuck around the homestead cleaning and straightening. I was really energized as the temp had fallen and it was a breezy 70 degrees outside. My windows were open and it was perfectly lovely! I also refreshed the coloring in my hair. HAWT HOTTIE ovah here! I chatted and cleaned and chatted and straightened and chatted and organized. I was pretty exhausted and headed to bed about 3am flushed with accomplisment.

I slept with the windows open because it was still so nice outside.

What woke me up at 7am after four measly hours of sleep? A lawnmower. My neighbor was out at 7am on a SATURDAY morning mowing his lawn. Of course with my windows opened to nature, the sound of the mower was like a power drill heading towards my inner eardrum. (As an aside, had my windows been closed it wouldn't have been so loud, but it still would have woken me up.) Does he not realize proper etiquette on lawn mowing and the weekend? Could you give a person a few hours to sleep in? (What kind of creepy bahstahd is up at the crack of daylight mowing their lawn anyway? I'm pretty sure he's an alien.) I think one should wait until at LEAST 10am before beginning mowing on the weekend. It's just polite!

I really think some people take for granted that others' lives don't revolve around a 9am - 5pm schedule. (WHO do you think mans the phones when you have a cable outage at 1am? Or when you get a wild hair and decide you need a hotel room for the night? Robots?) I'm usually awake until about 3am because my work schedule runs 3pm - 11pm; I wind down and catch a little TV when I get home. That schedule doesn't generally change on my days off. (Although I AM careful not to hammer nails or run the vacuum cleaner after 9pm when I am home as I'm uber-sweet like that.)

Pet Peeve: Inconsiderate early morning mowers. *sighs*

Now I have a few little cyber gifts for
Mo "Mad Dog" Stoneskin for being my 100th follower! So here are a few select items for your cyber fun!

A yummy drink:



Some books for your reading pleasure:
Some milk n cookies if you're not up for the adult bev:
And FINALLY this handy dandy and super snazzy teleportation device! Complete with HOLDER!!!:
I do hope you like them, thank you so much for becoming my 100th follower!

Now minions ... this is where we shall invade next ....

Hah!!!

That was MY funny, now here's someone else's funny ...

High Speed Chase
After an intense high speed chase, an officer finally gets the lawbreaker to pull over.

"You know," says the cop, "I was originally pulling you over to tell you your taillight is out. Why the hell did you take off like that?"

"Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

ஜ~§Quote of the Day§~ஜ

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
- Aldous Huxley

ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ

Which modern invention do you think the world would be better off without?

ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ

Pingo

PRONUNCIATION:
(PING-go)

MEANING:
noun: A mound or hill of soil-covered ice in permafrost, pushed up by the pressure of water seeping in.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Inuit pinguq/pingu (small hill).

USAGE:
"Out on the Arctic coastal plain below the northern foot of the Brooks, the land is dotted with pingoes a foot or two tall."


ஜ~§Recipe of the Day§~ஜ

Spicy Cheese and Ham Pasta

Ingredients:
8 ounces corkscrew pasta
8 ounces cooked ham, cut into half-inch dice
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon salt

Preparation:
Cook the pasta as directed on its packaging; then drain.

Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. In the skillet, cook the red pepper, red onion and the garlic until they are crisp (takes 5-6 minutes).

Add the cubes of ham and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring a few times.

Toss cooked pasta with ham and vegetable mixture, ricotta cheese, parsley, Tabasco sauce and salt in bowl; mixing thoroughly. Serve.


Brightest Blessings,
~Surry~

1 Things people say ...:

Lacey said...

Oh man, lawnmowers are the worst! They rank right up there with garbage trucks, gah.