The Looky-Loos

Narcissus

Saturday, August 29, 2009

 


Now that I'm back ... and since Blogging Mama Andrea asked; since I have actually gotten my personal book Nirvana under control maybe you all can give me a hand!

I'm planning on doing a quick talk about books I've read in the past, but I don't really have a good working title for the series yet. I was planning on doing it on Saturdays as that's the beginning of my work week and will allow me Thursday and Friday to work on the piece. iI could certainly change the day I post it thought. My plan was just to write a bit about how I felt about the book, the author; how it made me change or how it strengthened what I already knew or thought. Why don't you all give me some ideas on what I should call this weekly series? Just leave it in the comments!!! Thanks a bunch!

I have been really terrible about reading blogs, so I went crazy tonight and preformatted my next seven days, less any personal notes in order to read more blogs each night!!! YAY I think I have about 200 or so to go through.

Now ... to either delight or bore you ... I'll tell you what I've been up to the last few days. Unfortunately, wine drinking was nowhere on the list. *insert sad face here*

1. Put everything that didn't have a place into a box (or boxes)
2. Stacked boxes that weren't filled with books in closet for future perusal
3. Finished organizing books and bookshelves. (If you noticed now that it's all organized, I actually have room for MORE books! HEHEHE!)
4. Washed every single dish, pot, pan and storage container
5. Reorganized pantry
6. Laundered and stored all stuffed animals, dolls, or whatnot that will no longer be on display (I'm a single girl sure, but jeez ... I can't believe I still had those things out)
7. Hooked up and set up my DVD player (I think)
8. Cleaned out and organized my kitchen cabinets
9. Cleaned up balcony and stored items in storage closet
10. Vacuumed and dusted all surfaces and cleaned floorboards and window sills.
11. Sat down, rested, chatted and then slept a bit. I still have a bit more to do ... but I have to say ... anything else is EZPZ and will just be icing on the cake. I'm ready ... let's have a party!




ஜ~§Quote Of The Day§~ஜ


Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
~E E Cummings




ஜ~§The Question Of The Day§~ஜ


What is the worst piece of advice you've ever received?



ஜ~§The Word Of The Day§~ஜ


Diastrophism

PRONUNCIATION:
(dy-AS-truh-fiz-uhm)

MEANING:
noun: The process of deformation of the earth's crust that produces continents, mountains, ocean basins, etc.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Greek dia- (across) + strophe (turning). Ultimately from the Indo-European root streb(h)- (to wind or turn) that also gave us catastrophe (literally, an overturning) and apostrophe (literally, turning away, referring to the omission of a letter), and boustrophedon.

USAGE:
"There is even a mosque across the street from the hotel, but most people here believe it was spirits, not volcanic diastrophism, that sent deadly vapors roiling up from Lake Nios, killing the villagers who lived over the hills."




ஜ~§Poem Of The Day§~ஜ


Narcissus

Encircled by her arms as by a shell,
she hears her being murmur,
while forever he endures
the outrage of his too pure image...

Wistfully following their example,
nature re-enters herself;
contemplating its own sap, the flower
becomes too soft, and the boulder hardens...

It's the return of all desire that enters
toward all life embracing itself from afar...
Where does it fall? Under the dwindling
surface, does it hope to renew a center?

Rainer Maria Rilke




ஜ~§Recipe Of The Day§~ஜ


Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ




Ingredients:
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Preparation:
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.



Brightest Blessings,
~Surry~

1 Things people say ...:

Captain Dumbass said...

One more page? Page by page? Meh, weak. I'm tired. Sorry.